It’s no secret 2020 has been a rough year for those of us associated with the United States Naval Academy. We’ve lost members of the Brigade and now the coronavirus is threatening to take away things we’ve been looking forward to, including Commissioning Week.
But we are nothing if not optimists, so we will continue to Semper Gumby and stay the course and that includes preparing for the Class of 2023’s Herndon Climb. Herndon is my favorite Academy tradition and I refuse to believe I won’t see it this year. So I assembled an all-star cast of friends to help put together a playlist to prepare us for the big event which not only will signify the end of the Class of 2023’s Plebe Year, but signal the beginning of Commissioning Week for the Class of 2020.
This year, more than ever, we need to celebrate, so I hope you’ll listen in and get ready to party! Just click to listen (it’s not downloadable, I’m afraid):
Featured in the podcast:
- Kristin Cronic, the artist behind the newly redesigned Easel on Stribling; read all about her amazing story here
- Grant Vermeer, THE Academy Insider
- Annie Shine, author of “A USNA Mom’s Journey” and more
- Susan Weisberg, author of the adorable “Chester Midshipmouse“
- Looking for more? Here are the playlists for previous Herndon Climbs:
Here’s the playlist for the Class of 2023’s Plebe Summer:
And for those thinking about Plebe Summer 2020, here are my son’s musings on his Plebe Year: